MRI Cinema Forum 3
- Monday, 25 November 2019
- Don Bosco Auditorium, University of Saint Joseph, Macau (Ilha Verde Campus)
- University of Saint Joseph
Bus Line Information:
MORE ABOUT THE MOVIE
When Xiaoping joins the military, delicate dreams are dashed by the events of a China undergoing revolution. The devastating Sino-Vietnamese War crashes into 1970s China, changing the lives of the army's young new recruits forever.
- Release date: December 15, 2017 (USA)
- Director: Feng Xiaogang
- Box office: 235.9 million USD (CN¥1.47 billion)
- Screenplay: Geling Yan
- Producers: Feng Xiaogang, Wang Zhonglei, Wang Zhongjun, Gong Yu, Ge Song
MORE ABOUT THE FORUM
The Macau Ricci Institute Cinema Forum is focused on the analysis of a fascinating movie of one of the leading Chinese movie directors, Feng Xiaogang. It covers the period of 50 years from the beginning of the Cultural Revolution in 1966 all the way to 2016. The film highlights the enthusiasm of young people for an ideal and explores how their noble spirit of sacrifice and dedication for the common good can be maintained in midst of challenges, setbacks, and apparent failures.