- "Responsible Entrepreneurship” focuses on teaching you how to start your business responsibly and sustainably. During the course, which is divided into two parts, we will cover our approach to writing a business plan, the key fields of applied ethics, as seen in the financial, environmental, accounting and engineering fields, and how they will work together for the success of your business.
- Building Xingyuan, UIBE, 10 Huixin Dongjie, Chaoyang District, 100029 Beijing, CHINA
Throughout all of the 16 sessions, you will hear insights from responsible entrepreneurs operating in both Chinese mainland and Hong Kong. Their experiences span various industries and specialties and provide perspective from both large and small company contexts.
The first part of “Responsible Entrepreneurship” will guide you in writing your business plan. A particular focus will be put on sustainability, financial transparency, accountability, anti-corruption and social responsibility as integral parts of your business plan writing strategy. The first part is 8 weeks in length, with 8 lectures in total (20 minutes each) and approximately 90 minutes of homework associated with each one.
The second part of the course focuses on various ethical principles, approaches and perspectives and how to integrate them sustainably into your business. The second part is also 8 weeks in length, with 8 lectures in total (20 minutes each) and approximately 90 minutes of homework associated with each one.
Eligibility Requirements/Target Students:
- UIBE undergraduate student in year 2, 3 or 4
- Working professionals
- Aspiring entrepreneurs
- Deepen applied knowledge of all business functions.
- Discover and develop creative career opportunities.
- Gain understanding of business ethics principles and perspectives.
- Learn the process and take the first steps towards starting your own business.
- Reception of an official certificate issued by UIBE (optional).
- MOOC Log-in: www.uibeonline.cn
- Spring Semester: Starts in April
- Autumn Semester: Starts in October
- Note: Please visit the official website for detailed information
- 800RMB/person for official course certificate issued by UIBE
University of International Business and Economics (UIBE):
UIBE, founded in 1951, is one of the top multi-disciplinary universities in China with economics, management, law and literature as its core academic areas of expertise. Since its foundation, the university has been steadfast in living up to its motto of “Erudition, Honesty, Endeavor and Perfection” through constant diligence and innovation. Furthermore, UIBE plays a leading role in the development of international partnerships with universities and organizations around the world. These efforts have resulted in many meaningful exchange opportunities that have helped to enrich the university experience for it’s students. At present, UIBE has more than 15,000 students, consisting of 8,000 undergraduate students, 4,500 postgraduate students and 2,300 international students.
School of Distance Education (SDE):
SDE was founded, with the approval of the Ministry of Education, in 2002. It is both a functional department and a teaching entity directly under the leadership of UIBE and manages the online education of the university at the associate, bachelor's and graduate degree levels.
While displaying UIBE’s characteristics of internationalization and honoring their reputation as the top university for studying international business and economics in China, SDE aims to achieve high quality, perfection, and uniqueness in all it does in service to the university student body. It serves the vast majority of citizens who wish to pursue in-service education and through its distance education centers, found throughout China, focuses on transcending geographic boundaries to bring education to those students both national and international. Furthermore, SDE has developed a formidable brand in the virtual world and built an empowering on-line education platform that their students can easily use and access. In a globalized world with instant access to information, SDE aims to position itself as a reliable source of erudite business knowledge, insight and wisdom for its students to cultivate as they navigate into today’s business environment.
Rothlin International Management Consulting Co. Ltd. (ROTHLIN Ltd.):
ROTHLIN Ltd. is a socially responsible management consulting business located in Beijing and Hong Kong and the developer of the “Responsible Entrepreneurship” MOOC. In each of its activities, ROTHLIN Ltd. pledges to encourage, inspire, and empower stakeholders to think and act ethically based on the values of honesty, integrity, and mutual respect.
China Trade Institute (CTI):
CTI is the world's most advanced portal for disseminating information regarding entrepreneurial and investment opportunities coming from China to the U.S, and the rest of the world. They contributed content and expertise necessary in the development of the “Responsible Entrepreneurship” MOOC.